Monday, March 21, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I LOVED But I Haven't Talked About In A While



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Interesting topic this week. Considering all the shiny new books that we all come across every day, I do notice that the older ones don't get as much attention. This is a list of books that I find myself recommending frequently.


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


This is my favorite book. If you haven't read it yet, now is the time. It's available in a new enhanced edition. The movie is currently filming and is supposed to be released this year.




This is the only book that ever gave me nightmares. Even though it scared the crap out of me, I absolutely loved it. If you are a fan of zombies, do not miss this book. Maisie Williams (from Game of Thrones) was just cast in the movie.


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


This is such an amazing dystopian/sci-fi trilogy. A must read.


Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine


This Phantom of the Opera retelling absolutely blew me away. Such an amazing book.


Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy


This is the "other" cancer book (but I think it's better than The Fault In Our Stars).


by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


Just a reminder, if you haven't read this fabulous sci-fi adventure yet, DO IT. This series is amazing.


Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun


If you're an anime fan, you MUST read this book/series. Trust me.


The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


One of my favorite books last year, if you have not read this yet, I advise you do so. If you like fantasy, you'll love this. The sequel is out April 5th.

Reboot by Amy Tintera


This book is SO kick-ass. Seriously. Fans of Divergent must read this! I think it's better.


The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King


This is one of my favorite books and I feel like it gets overlooked. A.S. King has become well known for her brilliant contemporary novels, but this, her first book, is a little bit different. It is the story of how an innocent Irish girl becomes one of the most feared pirates of the Caribbean, thwarts a curse that spans the centuries and discovers that even time cannot defeat true love.



----------------
<3 Michelle

17 comments:

  1. Before I Fall is one of my all-time favorite books also!! So good... it just makes me mad that I waited until 2015 to read it!! What was I thinking?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it as an ARC, which was almost worse because I had nobody to talk about it with. I'm excited to get the enhanced edition since I don't own a finished copy (just the original ARC).

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these! The Forest of Hands and Teeth just sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! I still need to read Fine and Meadows' books! They're in my TBR pile and I'm hoping to read Meadows' soon. At least I can binge both duologies!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really liked The Forest of Hands and Teeth - maybe I would enjoy the movie better. That is a great casting for it and now you have me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These Broken Stars is an amazing book. I love the other two but especially Tarver and Lilac's book. <3 and gaaaah BEFORE I FALL. I love love love love that book. Did you know they are making a movie of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the movie! I'm going to need to bring lots of tissues!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to watch the Before I Fall movie! It's such a good book! :D
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently listening to In the Forest of Hands and Teeth on audio and I'm loving it! There's going to be a movie? With Maisie Williams? Awesome!!!


    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved These Broken Stars, The Orphan Queen and Before I Fall! Reboot, Of Metal and Wishes, and Under the Never Sky are all still on my TBR. Great choices and thanks for sharing!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine and it was until I'd finished the book that I realised that she also wrote the Of Metal And Wishes series that I've been seeing around quite often. The Impostor Queen is a serious contender for my favourite book of the year, so I'll definitely be reading Of Metal And Wishes soon!

    Under The Mountain Of Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Before I Fall, UtNS, These Broken Stars and Orphan Queen are ALL on my tbr shelf but I'm hoping to get to UtNS and OQ VERY soon :D Awesome selection here my friend^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked the Orphan Queen - so looking forward to book 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Of Metal and Wishes was such a beautiful book!! I loved it so much!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of Metal and Wishes sounds really interesting!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only one on this list I haven't read is the last book! I'll definitely have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete