Monday, March 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly feature hosted by Book Date to share what we've read, what we're reading and what's up next. It's also a way to share news and get organized.


Hello, Minions! I haven't been doing this every week, but I figured it was a good time to post an update on my reading plans. There are SO MANY books about to release that I've been waiting for. My paycheck won't make it out of my workplace this month since I work in a bookstore.


Yeah, I know, go ahead and say it:




But anyway, I've been pretty disorganized and scatterbrained with my reading lately, so I'm going to make a plan and try my best to stick to it. Mostly. If I can. Yoi. I'm hopeless.


Upcoming review:


Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this book! I actually read it a while ago but never got the review posted. I also have an extra copy I'll be giving away, so that'll be happening sometime this week.


Currently reading:


Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifaces #1)
by Cassandra Clare
It's long and I've had other books/reviews/stuff that keeps interrupting me. It's really good, I'm just taking my time with it.

All the Stars in the Heavens by Adriana Trigiani
This is for my book club that is meeting on Thursday. I figured I should read the book before going, especially since Adriana is actually calling in to the meeting.


What's up next:

Ok, here's the planning part.There are new releases I really want to read, sequels I've been anticipating and I have a very ambitious YA book club this month (we're trying to read at least two for discussion). It may be a few weeks before I post another It's Monday! update, so that's why I'm planning so far ahead here.


First, the books I want to read next:


The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine


Sequel/Prequels I MUST read:



(click covers for Goodreads links)


YA Book Club reads:


The Novice (Summoner #1) by Taran Matharu
Storm Siren (Storm Siren #1) by Mary Weber


I also really want to sneak in:


Riders (Riders #1) by Veronica Rossi
Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr


That should cover the next few weeks. I'll check in to let you know how I'm doing! Odds of  getting distracted by other books: I'd say 50/50. We'll see.


What are YOU reading?

----------------
<3 Michelle

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing what you think of All The Stars in the Heavens! I love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think every book lover dreams of working in a bookstore. But it is not kind to our wallets!

    I loved Dumplin' too. It was so heartfelt and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter lives Cassandra Clare so she's giving me the first Shadow Hunter book to read. A little outside of my usual reading fare but I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! I cannot wait to read Shadow Queen!! Or Mirror King but I need to read Orphan Queen first! A lot of "royalty" books apparently! LOL! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been busy - but you have some good books in the wings! I enjoyed Amy Zhang's last novel so am looking forward to this next one.

    Glad I'm not the only one behind on reviews!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mirror King is amazing! Definitely an amazing sequel to The Orphan Queen. The novellas are really good too. Hope you enjoy everything :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your saying at the top.

    Lots of books for you...busy lady.

    ENJOY!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete