Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Down With the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn


Waiting in Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.


This week, I can't wait to read....



Down With the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn



Release date: April 26th, 2016
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads link: (click here)


Description from Goodreads:

There's a reason they say "be careful what you wish for." Just ask the girl who wished to be thinner and ended up smaller than Thumbelina, or the boy who asked for "balls of steel" and got them-literally. And never wish for your party to go on forever. Not unless you want your guests to be struck down by debilitating pain if they try to leave.


These are things Lennie only learns when it's too late-after she brings some of her uncles' moonshine to a party and toasts to dozens of wishes, including a big wish of her own: to bring back her best friend, Dylan, who was abducted and murdered six months ago.

Lennie didn't mean to cause so much chaos. She always thought her uncles' moonshine toast was just a tradition. And when they talked about carrying on their "important family legacy," she thought they meant good old-fashioned bootlegging.

As it turns out, they meant granting wishes. And Lennie has just granted more in one night than her uncles would grant in a year.

Now she has to find a way to undo the damage. But once granted, a wish can't be unmade...
 



Why I'm Excited:

I love books about wishes gone wrong. I also like that it's about granting wishes but there are no genies, it's just a mysterious "family legacy". Very interesting. This sounds dark and twisted and I bet it's a whole lot of fun . . . well, if you like dark and twisted. Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on this book!



What are you waiting to read?

-------------------
<3 Michelle

16 comments:

  1. Never heard about this book but I really like the sound of it. And I just can't resist blue covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book! It's new to me! The cover is gorgeous too!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me. I do like dark and twisted stories, as well as wishes gone wrong and characters who struggle to fix them. Not to mention it's caused by moonshine...okay that's weird. And I'm intrigued. Great pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely beautiful cover. Sounds great and the darker the better so I am interested in hearing more about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is soooo pretty and this book sounds crazy! I'll be adiing this one to my list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice! That's new to me and does sound rather interesting!! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super excited for this one as well! I hope we both love it when we read it! I also really love the cover it's so pretty and I want it! Definitely buying the hardcover!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This sounds so good! I LOL'ed at- the boy who asked for "balls of steel" and got them-literally. Great pick Michelle! Adding it now on my TBR!

    Donita @ My Random Book thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds AWESOME!! I hadn't heard of this one before, but it reminds me of Pet Semetary or something :P

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is new to me, but it sounds really good! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this one somewhere else lately, it sounds like a pretty good one! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds very interesting indeed. I wonder what all the wishes are and how Lennie is going to set things right. I think 'Down with the Shine is going to be an very entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this cover! And the concept sounds great. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week, Michelle :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. new to me but sounds interesting, hope that you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Kate Kayus Quinn's other books! They're so creepy and weird! I'm definitely looking forward to this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited for this book too!! I read Another Little Piece and it made me really curious as to what goes on in this author's brain. SO I definitely want to read more by her and find out!

    ReplyDelete