Monday, July 27, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! is a weekly feature hosted by Book Journey to share what we've read and what we plan to read next.


Well, I've been in kind of a slow reading period. Not a slump, but just not reading as many books or as quickly as usual. I partly blame the laziness of summer, but I've also had a lot going on. I'm hoping to pick up my speed this week and in the upcoming month because I'm now only 5 books ahead of schedule on my Goodreads Reading Challenge for the year. I can't slip because I know that December is always really busy and I end up not reading as much. I like to be WAY ahead so there's no pressure at the end of the year to make my challenge goal.

This week, I FINISHED one book, but started, and am currently reading, THREE other books. I need to manage this situation so I can finish them all. Too many at once isn't always a good thing. I keep rotating them and at this rate it'll take forever to read them. I think I'm going to focus on the one that is a physical book, read the one that I have as a physical and eBook as the secondary book and hold off on the third one that is an ARC until the first two are finished. I figure that even if I don't get to it this week, I can use it as part of my ARC August challenge.


What I FINISHED last week:


Armada by Ernest Cline (I loved it! See my review HERE)


Currently Reading:


Return to the Dark House (Dark House #2) by Laurie Faria Stolarz
I'm making this one my TOP priority. I wasn't going to start it until I was finished what I was already reading, but I couldn't resist it! I've been waiting a long time for it and I had to find out what happens next. I'll probably read it really fast.

The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) by Melissa Grey
This is priority #2. It started a bit slow, I'm hoping it picks up more soon. So far it kind of reminds me of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

Torn (The Feuds #2) by Avery Hastings
I can put this off until next week if I have to. It's an ARC (even though it was released last week) so I can use it for ARC August. I really am excited to read it, though. I loved the first book.


What I plan to read next:


Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #6)
by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman
I'm hoping to fit this one in before the end of the week since next month I'll be reading all ARCs. I need my monthly dose of Sizzy!

I was also really hoping to read this over the summer:


The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
It's possible to get it in this week (I think). I'm going to try. This is more like a stretch goal though, lol.


Wish me luck!

What are you reading this week?

----------------
<3 Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with finishing some of the ones you are already reading this week. I am a "one book at a time" reader. In fact, I read a book and write the review before I start the next book. I'm currently 52 books ahead of my GoodReads goal. Since I set my goal to read 20 books a month, I need to get ahead since I don't read as fast during the school year; Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I loved the Girl at Midnight! I still need to read Welcome to the Dark House though! Looking like October I'll be reading all the creepy reads I've been meaning to get to! Hope you enjoy your books this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete