Monday, July 13, 2015

ARC August! I Signed Up!




Octavia and Shelly @ Read. Sleep. Repeat are hosting their third annual Arc August. I figured this would be a great thing to sign up for since my ARCs, both physical and virtual, are piling and PILING AND PILING up. I'm getting overwhelmed and I need some motivation to clear some of them out of the way. Seriously, what's the point of going to BEA and grabbing all the ARCs if I don't read them while they're still something special? What's the point of requesting and downloading all the eARCs from Edelweiss and NetGalley if they just sit there and eventually pull my review ratio down into the gutter? Here is my attempt to make a little dent in the ARC tbr pile of DOOM.


Here are the Rules:


Rules:
The rules are very simple 
  • It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC
  • Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nit pick much
  • HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
  • Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.

If you want more info about this or want to sign up, here is their SIGN UP POST. They're even giving away some ARC-a-licious prizes to a few lucky participants! 



Here are some of my August/September ARCs (with a June and a July thrown in). I know I won't be able to read all of these, but I'd like to make a big dent in the pile. I also have others hanging around that I might throw into the mix. We'll see.





As for eARCs...holy moly! My Kindle is packed and disorganized as heck! I don't know which ones I'll end up reading, but I'll probably start here:





Like I said, I KNOW I won't get all of these read, but I'm going to use my super reader powers to get as many read as possible. I will post updates throughout the month of August.


Wish me luck!

p.s. In September I'm going to be reading ALL THE SEQUELS!! Those are piling up like crazy, too!

----------------
<3 Michelle

7 comments:

  1. I love this! i'm totally gonna sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good this idea. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the idea! You've got some great books there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this too! Most of my ARCs are digital though. Good luck!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing!! I'll def be participating :) Good luck!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck for you! I'd love to participate ARC August, especially since that pile seems to grow all the time. However, I'm moving at the end of August so all my energy is going for arranging things and stuff like that. Maybe next year! But good luck for you, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Everything Everything and Dumplin are two that I really want to read. Have an awesome week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete