Friday, January 23, 2015

Stacking the Shelves & Week in Review 1/24/15


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's about sharing what I've added to my shelves this week.

I've had a pretty productive week. I read four books, wrote two reviews and I'm pleased with my posts for the week. My Top Ten Tuesday was the most popular post ever on my blog, which made me happy. I put a lot of thought into it and the topic meant a lot to me. I'll post a link at the bottom of this post under the week in review.  I'm also FINALLY starting to get over the awful cold I've had for the past week and a half. YAY!

Anyway, I didn't add too much to my shelves this week, which was expected because last week's haul was so massive. I got some good things though. This week all three of my cats got involved in the book pictures. So, here are this week's additions:


Bought



Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley (new in paperback)
The Island of Excess Love (Love In the Time of Global Warming #2) by Francesca Lia Block
 Polaris (Avalon #2) by Mindee Arnett 

(You know Tiger cat, he's in every Stacking the Shelves post)


ARC Provided by Publisher
(Thank you, Clarion Books!)


Ask the Dark by Henry Turner (4/7/15)

(That's Baby cat, she's very photogenic!)

ARC provided by the author
(Thank you, I.W. Gregorio!)


None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio (4/7/15)

(That is my beautiful Myshka in the picture. She's my baby, my love. She wasn't as cooperative and she's not as photogenic. It was hard to get a picture of her that she showed up in since she looks like a shadow)


eARCs from NetGalley and Edelweiss


A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House #1)by Kathleen Baldwin
Soul Crossed  (Of Demons and Angels #1) by Lisa Gail Green
Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman
 Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly


Wandering Wild by Jessica Taylor
Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
Bleeding Earth by Kaitlin Ward
Sing for Me by Gracie Madison
 Spelled by Betsy Schow


Week In Review

(It was FREEBIE WEEK, topic chosen by me)

My Waiting on Wednesday: Velvet by Temple West

Reviews
(click on book covers for reviews)




What did you add to your shelves this week?

-----------------
<3 Michelle






21 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I like the way you featured your cats. Good on you for having a productive week. Wish I could say the same, unfortunately though, I only managed to read two books.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about loading Spelled, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Polaris was fantastic. I love that duaology and I'm sad it's over. Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I'd give Spelled a try. It's from Sourcebooks Fire, and I've found a few gems through them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed Polaris -- more than Avalon. Hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooh very nice! I am intrigued with Soul Crossed but haven't sought it out. I think I might wait for reviews to trickle in!

    These are all new to me reads otherwise, but I hope you enjoy them all! And your cats are just too cute! Ours is rather evil and would never pose nicely for a picture!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soul Crossed has a very interesting cover. I really need to read Avalon, before I can read Polaris, but have heard excellent things about them. Your cats are very pretty as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cats are adorable! Haven't read any of these yet, I shall check them out on Goodreads.

    Check out my STS here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooooo! None of the Above! That book looks extraordinarily interesting! I'm so excited for that one! It looks like you had a pretty great week in books! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many awesome books! The only one that's familiar to me in a way is Shadow Scale though I haven't read Seraphina yet.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Polaris a lot! And the hardcover is wonderful :) I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I have None of the Above, I'm excited to read it, it sounds really interesting! I hope you enjoy all of your new lovelies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I can't wait for None of the Above because it sounds unlike something I've read before. The Avalon series seems pretty good. I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah, these books are all so new to me. I hope you enjoy them though. Stacking the Shelves #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many great books! I'm sooo excited for TICKER! I have an audiobook and I can't wait to listen to it soon!! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome books this week! I also got School for Unusual Girls…loving the cover and I hope it doesn't' disappoint. Jesse's Girl is on my TBR list…love the sound of that one! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better! And your cats are SO cute!! Gah, I wanted Wandering Wild so, so badly, but literally it disappeared before I could request it. It is so sad, I really hope it (and all the others) finds a new home soon. I am looking forward to Bleeding Earth and None of the Above too! Hope you enjoy them all, and have a wonderful week :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love in the Time of Global Warming is one I really want to read, will have to check out your review! That is an awesome haul this week. I also got the School for Unusual Girls to review.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to see that you include your cats in the pictures ^_^ A nice touch.

    Cucie @ http://cucie-reads.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, in the first pick it looks likeyou cat is voting for Polaris. Good choice, kitty! I want to read that one too! I love that you used the cats in the pitcures! Sweet. My cats love cuddling up to me and I sometimes will read out loud to them. Amazing how they seem to like that. Anyways, Happy Reading!
    Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spelled looks amazing! Enjoy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete