Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Rook by Sharon Cameron


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine.


I can't wait to read...



Rook by Sharon Cameron
 Publication date: April 28th, 2015
Publisher: Scholastic
 Goodreads link: (click here)


Description from Goodreads:

History has a way of repeating itself. Centuries after a shifting of the Earth's poles, in the Sunken City that was once Paris, all who oppose the new revolution are being put to the blade. Except for those who disappear from their prison cells, a red-tipped rook feather left in their place. Is the mysterious Red Rook a savior of the innocent or a criminal?

Meanwhile, across the sea in the Commonwealth, Sophia Bellamy's arranged marriage to the wealthy René Hasard is the last chance to save her family from ruin. But when the search for the Red Rook comes straight to her doorstep, Sophia discovers that her fiancé is not all he seems. Which is only fair, because neither is she. 

As the Red Rook grows bolder and the stakes grow higher, Sophia and René find themselves locked in a tantalizing game of cat and mouse. 

Daring intrigue, delicious romance, and spine-tingling suspense fill the pages of this extraordinary tale from award-winning author Sharon Cameron.

Why I'm excited:

A post-apocalyptic adventure with suspense and romance? Oh, YES, PLEASE! I'm very intrigued by idea of a sunken city of Paris and I love a good revolution. This sounds dark, daring, dramatic and dangerously divine! That cover makes me want it even more. Waiting for April seems inconceivable! 

Who is the Red Rook?


Also...


I sure hope so!

What are you waiting to read?

---------------
<3 Michelle







11 comments:

  1. Haha! Such a cute post! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it!

    New follower!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try to entertain :) I hope I get an early copy of this one! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about this one until now but it sounds wonderful!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound good! The cover is great and a sunken city for Paris sounds intriguing. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier! I definitely hope that this is a kissing book! :) Those are my favorites! It does sound interesting!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I loved Cameron's debut series so much. I cannot wait to read this one! I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it does sound mighty interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the author's other books so I'm also excited for this one!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this is a kissing book? Haha! I hadn't seen the cover until now, looks pretty smoky. And yes, please let it be a kissing book. ;) *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo this is the first time I heard of this book and I want it. I want it now.

    Spring is going to be AWESOME!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete