Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (On A Wednesday): My Fall TBR List



HELLO, MINIONS!!

IT'S ME!!

MICHELLE!!! 




I know it's been a while, but things have been busy, to say the least. I've been meaning to get back to reading more and trying to get the blog back up and running. It may be a slow process, but I figured that this would be a good place to start. I KNOW, I'm a day late with it, but when I saw that the Top Ten Tuesday Topic was "Fall TBR (To Be Read) List", I thought this might be a good way to kick myself in the butt and get motivated. I haven't had as much time to read or blog, but I'll be trying to make more time. My son is in Kindergarten now, so I get a few hours of quiet each day. Of course, I also have a 9 month old crawling around, and the few hours I do get are sometimes the only chance I have to do things (like take a shower), so there's no guarantee that I'll get to read or blog every day, but I promise myself and you that I'll try! I'll talk more about what's been going on in my life in another post, now is the time to talk about books!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish



Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, the pretty colors, the crunchy leaves, the festivals and HALLOWEEN! I love to read spooky, magical or dark books at this time of year, too. Here's my list of books I want to try to make time for this fall:


(click book covers for Goodreads links)


Miss Perrigrine's Home for Peculiar Children
by Ransom Riggs


Yes, I know. BAD MICHELLE! I should have read this already. It's time. The movie is coming soon and it's also the book my book club is reading for October.


Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)
by Leigh Bardugo


I loved Six of Crows and I can't wait to find out what adventures await The Dregs next!


Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas #1)
by  

Must have witches.


Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog


A dark mystery/thriller written by one of my favorite people! It's not out until November, but I have an ARC.


Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite


An older book, and it's not YA, but I've been promising someone I'd read it. It's about vampires, so it fits my spooky Fall theme.


And the Trees Crept In
by Dawn Kurtagich


Something really creepy!


Three Dark Crowns
by Kendare Blake


Dark fantasy!


Replica by Lauren Oliver


Because it's by Lauren Oliver and I love her.

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1)
by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Because the sequel will be out soon and because SPACE ZOMBIES.


Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
(Harry Potter #8)


Just because I haven't read it yet.


AND, I'm still working on finishing . . .

A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2)
by Sarah J. Maas




Well, that's it. I can't guarantee that I'll get to all of these books, but I'm definitely going to try. I'm also going to try to get back into blogging. I'm so behind on my reading for this year, though. It's a lot harder to balance two kids, work and life in general than I thought it would be. At first, I won't be able to post as often as I used to, but I'm working on it.

It's good to be back!

-------------------
<3 Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back online!! Sounds like you're really busy these days. You have a great list books lined up for Fall, so happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're back!! Though I admit to loving all your pics on instagram! Your daughter is just too cute!!

    I need to read a few of these as well! As you already know! LOL! I did enjoy And The Trees Crept In. It's a little weird and bizarre, but oh so good! Hope you can get around to reading these this fall! And remember, fall doesn't actually end until December 20th! ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replica!! I am really excited for it and love Lauren Oliver too. I need to read Illuminae as well. I have had it forever!!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!!! Welcome back!!!!! I see you've had your hands full but she's adorable. Got to start somewhere!!!! You've got a great list. I can't believe you haven't read Illuminae yet. One of the best books I read of 2015. Reading is good for the soul!!!! Glad your back. Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely list Michelle. So good to see you back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three Dark Crowns was really good! I got a copy of Labyrinth Lost at NOLA StoryCon this weekend, and got it autographed by the author! I need to finish the new Harry Potter book as well. So glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete