Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Firstlife by Gena Showalter


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.


This week, I can't wait to read...


Firstlife (Everlife #1) by Gena Showalter


Release date: February 23rd. 2016
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Goodreads link: (click here)


Description from Goodreads:

ONE CHOICE.

TWO REALMS.

NO SECOND CHANCE.

Tenley “Ten” Lockwood is an average seventeen-year-old girl…who has spent the past thirteen months locked inside the Prynne Asylum. The reason? Not her obsession with numbers, but her refusal to let her parents choose where she’ll live—after she dies.

There is an eternal truth most of the world has come to accept: Firstlife is merely a dress rehearsal, and real life begins after death.

In the Everlife, two realms are in power: Troika and Myriad, longtime enemies and deadly rivals. Both will do anything to recruit Ten, including sending their top Laborers to lure her to their side. Soon, Ten finds herself on the run, caught in a wild tug-of-war between the two realms who will do anything to win the right to her soul. Who can she trust? And what if the realm she’s drawn to isn’t home to the boy she’s falling for? She just has to stay alive long enough to make a decision…


Why I'm excited

First of all, it's Gena Showalter, so it's pretty much an auto-buy. Second. . . hello, gorgeous cover! And finally, what an insanely interesting concept! I'm very intrigued by how this is going to play out.


I'm definitely looking forward to reading this one!



What are you waiting to read?

----------------
<3 Michelle

19 comments:

  1. Oh man. I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds so good! Instantly adding it to my TBR.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is a new one for me but that premise has me hooked! It's like nothing I've ever read before :O I'll definitely be adding it to my tbr shelf, thanks for bringing this one to my attention Michelle and I hope you'll LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm sold! This is seriously intriguing. Love the cover too. I've never read anything by Gena but I've heard great things. Thanks for sharing is one :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally just got an email saying it was available on Netgalley and requested it! Thanks for posting! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cover and the premise sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it as I had not seen it before now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just added this to my TBR list! Looks and sounds pretty great. The cover is amaaazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I can't wait to read this one either, and yet, when I saw it on Netgalley today, I held back on requesting. Because, get this...I'm afraid they might approve me too soon! LOL! This whole thing with our ratio going down the longer you have a book downloaded is ridiculous! Or it's once they approve you. I have yet to really figure that part out. But seriously, the book I read last week, I didn't have it downloaded but for a few days and my ratio went down! And when I submitted my review I was back to where I was, but still. That's terrible! To lose points before even a week is up?! Madness!!

    And since I am trying to read a select set of books in these coming days, I thought I shouldn't request it just yet. But I might do it anyway, because I don't think I'll be finishing my selection of books in the time I anticipated! Oh well!

    But yes, GREAT pick! So can't wait to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued! Will definitely be reading the book. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds really interesting.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cover and good pick! Hope you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I liked the cover. It's amazing. Then, I read the first three lines, and I was caught. This sounds like it will be a great read. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding it to my 'watch out for' list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the concept of this! I thought this was another in the Matched series but it's not! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never read a book by Showalter and this one looks extremely confusing. I want it!

    Chel
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cover! I don't think I'll be reading this one because of that love triangle, but I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Michelle. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pick! I used to love her Lords of the Underworld series and Intertwined, pretty much everything she used to write. But now I'm not very sure about her.. But I hope you enjoy reading it! If turns out good, I'll read it too!
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just read one book by this author and didn't have a great experience with it, I'm afraid . . . But that doesn't mean I'm not willing to give her another go and this book could do the trick ;)

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read this author before. But, this sounds so cool! Also, that cover! It's so, so pretty. I kind of keep scrolling back up the top of this page, to look at it some more. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm semi confused by the synopsis, if she's average, why do they both want her so bad? Maybe that's the draw of the story haha. Regardless, I'll be adding this one to my list because it sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read anything from this author before but the synopsis sounds interesting so I'll definitely be picking it up in the future :)

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/ya-shot-wrap-up-haul.html

    ReplyDelete