Monday, August 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Topic is "Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors". I chose these ten authors because every book they write feels like an event for me. They all write many diverse books that always impress me. I could have put quite a few more on the list, but the other authors I didn't include I'm pretty much waiting to buy the next in their series. Each of these authors consistently provides new and unique stories (ok, and some series).


Rachel Caine



She's always got something new and exciting! She's best known for her Morganville Vampires and Weather Warden series, but she has several other series, stand alones and short stories. I gotta have 'em all!

New from her:




Rachel Vincent


One of my favorite authors. I do not care what the book is, if it's got her name on it, it's mine.

New and upcoming from her:




Melissa Marr 


Her books are amazing and I can't wait for more of them. I named my son after a character in her books (Seth). Nothing new is listed until 2016, when she returns to writing about the Fae with Seven Black Diamonds.


Sarah Fine


She is incredible and her books are so unique and different from each other. I'd read her grocery list.

New and upcoming from her:



A.S. King


She's one of the most awesome people I know, plus her books totally rock.

Upcoming from her:



Lauren Oliver


She wrote one of my favorite books ever (Before I Fall), so I always look forward to whatever she's got coming out.

Upcoming from her:




Jennifer Murgia


Angels, witches, contemporary...she does it all so well. I'm a huge fan of her writing and she's a sweetheart, too.

Upcoming from her:



Cyn Balog


Cyn Balog also writes and Nichola Reilly and Callie Sparks (NA). I love her books and I always look forward to the next one. She's also a sweetheart! Nothing new is listed from her until next year.

My favorite book by her:



Laurie Faria Stolarz


She's been one of my favorite authors for a LONG time. I get giddy when there's a new book by her being released.

New from her:



Gayle Foreman


I love her. Nothing new announced yet, but I already want it, whatever it is.

Latest from her:




Who are your auto-buy authors?


----------------
<3 Michelle

14 comments:

  1. Woo! Rachel Caine and Lauren Oliver are awesome authors, I would've loved to put them on my list. I'm definitely going to make sure to check out the other authors you have listed here :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly for my wallet, this list could've been so much longer. The ten authors I chose were striking talents that I thought would appeal to a larger variety of readers. However, even now as I view my TTT List, there's actually very little deviation among what these authors write.

    Great list. I could've added quite a few of yours to my list and still been delighted in my choices. Of course it would've not been the neat ten that it is suppose to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren Oliver is a great writer. I need to catch up with some of her books. Great list Michelle! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of these authors made my list though I've read a couple of them. I really need to get around to reading more Rachel Vincent in particular because I really enjoyed what I have read of hers.

    My list: http://www.teaandtitles.com/?p=184

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! I somehow forgot to include Rachel Vincent! I have all her books and read almost all. Still need to read The Stars Never Rise to be up to date! Rachel Caine...I loved her Weather Warden series but for some reason never seem really intrigued with her Morganville Vampires. And her most recent release ended up being a DNF for me. I just couldn't get into it. So around the 100 page mark, I just stopped. I hate DNFing a book, but sometimes it just happens! I will still plan to read her books as they come along, I just likely won't be reading her latest series.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I still need to read some of these authors.

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  7. O gosh. I'm such a noob. Haha. I only know 2/10 in your list. The others, I'm not sure I've read any of their books. Great choices, anyway!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayle Forman is one of the best! Rachel Caine is also great, I'm excited for her new book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome list!! There are several here that I LOVE but haven't read enough of their work to call them auto-buy.

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a few favourites on your list! I've just finished Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine and it was so good! Really recommend it, such a fantastic book!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh Rachel Caine I love her!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-of-your-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know Melissa Marr was coming out with another fae book! I loved the Wicked Lovely series, even though I was a bit confused by all the characters! I really do need to do a re-read of that one and look out for this new one.

    ReplyDelete