Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.

This week, I can't wait to read....



Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace


Release date: January 26th, 2016
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Goodreads link: (click here)


Description from Goodreads

Breezy remembers leaving the party, the warm, wet grass under her feet, her cheek still stinging from a slap to the face. But when she wakes up, scared and pulling dirt from her mouth, a year has passed and she can’t explain the necklace of bruises around her neck. She also can’t explain the man lying at her grave, dead from her touch.

Returning home seems impossible. Her parents and sisters have clearly grieved and struggled to move on, and Breezy can’t begin to answer their inevitable questions. Her heartbeat comes and goes, she doesn’t need to eat or drink, she can see the inky memories of murderers, and she can somehow pull on this dark guilt to kill them. Haunted by the happy memories from her life and disgusted by the half-dead creature she’s become, Breezy embarks on a reckless quest to find answers and a dangerous healing magic…but the cure is as dark and terrible as the disease.

Set in a gorgeous, terrifying world, Shallow Graves is a stunning novel about the heartbreaking trauma of a girl’s life cut short and her struggle to reconcile her humanity with the creature she’s become.


Why I'm excited:

Wow. This sounds really good! I love that it's definitely got paranormal elements, but it's also a mystery. I'm very intrigued! I want to know what happened, how she ended up out of her grave a year later, what her power is and what, exactly, SHE is. I also want to know if she can be human again or if she's going to be a monster forever.


Yeah, I can't wait to read this one!


What are you waiting to read?

-----------------
<3 Michelle

19 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one! The summary is so interesting that I can't wait to be able to read it. Great pick!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book around and should look into it more. So intriguing -- the cover works too. My WoW is gothic horror romance and kind of a different thing for me, but I think it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this definitely intrigues. I haven't seen this one before but I like the sound of it. I sure can see why you're waiting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. At first I thought it was going to be a zombie book but it doesn't really sound like that. Very intriguing. I think I'll keep my eye on this one. I love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm this one sounds similar to The Monster Within series by Kelly Hashway. I will be looking for your review.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a good one. I like the name Breezy too :) Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh that does look creepy good! Seen this one around lately and definitely intrigued!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not seen this one before and it looks and sounds great. I just added it to my want-to-read list. Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mystery! Mystery! I love mystery! This sounds REALLY great! I'll have to add this to my TBR!
    GREAT pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow this looks intriguing. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive never heard of this one, but now you have me dying to read it!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing this recently! Might not be my thing, but I hope you enjoy this book when you read it, Michelle!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this one before, but I'm going to add it to my TBR. I mean, that cover is awesome, and then the synopsis sounds so good! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this sounds so good! I'm adding it to my TBR right away. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh fun gif - fits perfectly in your comment. This does sound really intriguing. I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing! My WOW post is here: www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! Hope that you get a chance to read and enjoy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo... This is on my WoW list too. It sounds very creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That one sounds great!! I'd never heard of it before but I've added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete