Friday, June 19, 2015

Stacking the Shelves & Week in Review 6/20/15




Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews to share what we've added to our shelves for the week.

Well, this week was kind of lazy and not as productive as I would have liked it to be. My son had a cold all week, my birthday was Thursday and then I woke up with his cold on Friday. After that, my get up and go just got up and went. On the bright side, I actually had a small haul this week! Yay for me! I also have a little bit of birthday money to buy a few of the upcoming releases I really want. I'm trying to curb my book buying a bit because I have so many books piled up that I need to read, plus all the books I got from BEA and I have a Kindle totally full of unread review books. I'm not on a ban or anything, but I'm trying to be good about it and work on my tbr pile a bit.


Here's this week's haul:



Bought


Glittering Shadows (Dark Metrolopils #2) by Jaclyn Dolamore
The Merciless by Danielle Vega (paperback)



For Kindle



The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #5)
by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman
The Key (True Reign #1) by Jennifer Anne Davis



eARCs from NetGalley
(click book covers for Goodreads links)







Week in Review
(sorry it was such a slow week, I had a lot going on and now I'm not feeling well)




My Waiting on Wednesday: The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine






Hopefully I feel better soon. Colds in the summer suck. It's 90 degrees and humid and my nose is running. I don't feel like doing much of antything. Blah.


What did you add to your shelves this week?


------------------
<3 Michelle

21 comments:

  1. Awesome titles from NetGalley and Edelweiss this week. I hope you love all your new books. The Imposter Queen sounds interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few nice creepy looking covers in your haul this week! I think I need to hunt down a few good horror books to read this winter...Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First & Then Sounds soo good. I love the sound of that book....enjoy all of your books this week and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, some great books in your haul! It's always dangerous checking out your books because I end up wanting most, if not all, of them! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! I still need to read The Merciless! Might be saving that for October for a spooky reads month! Hope you enjoy!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Key a couple years ago but can't quite remember the details. Lots of pretties this week, enjoy! My cat Chloe won't pose for a picture to save her life. The most grumpy cat ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might download First & Then! I haven't decided yet. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of these are new to me, but I hope you enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute looking books :-) Except for the Merciless, I hear that is scary! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa nice haul!! You got quite a lot of great books. I'm really interested in Young Widow's Club.... Enjoy your weekend :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting books. Some gorgeous covers. I'm going to need to check those out. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books! I've heard loads of people talk about the Merciless! Apparently, it's super scary! And I love the fact that it doesn't have a pointless and annoying dust jacket! Have a great week, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday! Shame your week ended with a cold.
    Looks like you added some great books to your shelf. Hope you have fun reading them.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday! I am so sorry you and your son have been sick though- that is not fun, especially on your birthday! And another lovely haul, of course! I have been curious about First and Then, and The Detour, and The Anatomical Shape of a Heart BUT I am still on the fence about them! Do let me know how they are, please and thank you :) Hope you have a great week, and that everyone starts feeling better VERY soon!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gathering Shadows sounds like a great read. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really wanting to get Young Widow's Club myself. Love that summary. That book sounds so amazing.

    Shannon @ The Tale Teptress

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've really got to start reading the Tales from the Shadowhunters Academy. Great haul this week! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Devil You know, The Detour and a few others are on my To-read shelves or lists. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great haul this week! I've been wanting to read The Merciless for a while now. I'll definitely be looking forward to your thoughts on it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had a cold early on in the summer, so I know the feeling! I hope you feel better soon! At least you have a lot of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you're feeling better!! Summer cold are the worst!!

    It looks like you have an awesome amount of fun reads to choose from though, which is definitely a perk. Happy reading and I look forward to reading more of your book reviews!

    By the way, I've nominate your blog for the Beautiful Blogger Award!! Please see the link on my blog for more details! http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/ive-been-nominated-for-beautiful.html

    ReplyDelete