Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.


This week, I can't wait to read...


The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich


Release date: September 15th, 2015
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Goodreads link: (click here)


Description from Goodreads:

Debut author Dawn Kurtagich is dead on in this terrifying psychological thriller!

Over two decades have passed since the fire at Elmbridge High, an inferno that took the lives of three teenagers. Not much was known about the events leading up to the tragedy - only that one student, Carly Johnson, vanished without a trace...

...until a diary is found hidden in the ruins.

But the diary, badly scorched, does not belong to Carly Johnson. It belongs to Kaitlyn Johnson, a girl who shouldn't exist, Who was Kaitlyn? Why did she come out only at night? What is her connection to Carly?

The case has been reopened. Police records are being reexamined: psychiatric reports, video footage, text messages, e-mails. And the diary.

The diary that paints a much more sinister version of events than was ever made publicly known.


Why I'm excited:

This sounds really creepy and cool and I'm very intrigued by this mystery. I'm also curious about how the story is going to be told. Plus, I need to know who this girl is!




This psychological thriller seems like a perfect book to read for the Fall. I also love discovering new authors, so I'm looking forward to this debut.



What are you waiting to read?

----------------
<3 Michelle

26 comments:

  1. Yeah, this one has got me curious too. And that cover, it's darkly intense.
    Great pick, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely read creepy books but I think I'l make an exception to this one! :D
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story certainly sounds interesting. I don't read many from the 'thrillers' genre as a lot of them end up being too slow paced for me. I'll be interested to see what you think of this one when you grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is pretty, but a scary book is not one that I can read. They really scare me. Have fun reading it though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I already have this on my TBR list! It sounds so good and I also want to read some more creepy books ... I guess this could be really, really, really awesome! Great pick! :D

    Here's my WoW and I also forgot to tell you that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like it would be too creepy for me but I'm so intrigued by it that I'm considering it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy is definitely my kind of thing too! I'm curious to see how everything plays out in this. :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Seeing this one around a bit lately! Sounds creepy good!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been waiting for this one as well. I agree, it does sound like a great book to read in the fall or around Halloween time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. new to me but great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing! I haven't heard of this one yet! I'll definitely be on the lookout for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this one. It looks really good. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one's new to me as well but I LOVE a good mystery + thriller :D I'll have to check it out^^ Great pick and thanks for stopping by earlier ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, I can't wait to read this, too! I creepy books, and this one sounds perfect :D I can't wait to see how it's handled, but I really hope it's awesome. Hope we love it, and great pick!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven´t heard of this one, it sounds really good.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read a lot of paranormal thrillers but this synopsis is REALLY intriguing! Definitely will check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW @ theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this sounds like a great read and something I'd enjoy reading. I'll be adding this novel to my ever growing reading wishlist. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover is creepy and it sounds creepy! Can't wait to hear what you think about it when you get it. You're right, it does sound like a perfect fall read, a back to school kind of story. :-) Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm adding the book to my TBR list!! Great choice btw :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks creepy and exciting! Great pick and I hope you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks SO good! I just found it yesterday and added it to my TBR!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My God! Thanks so much for sharing, already added it to my to my TBR! I love the cover and I'm so curious as to where this book will take us! Hopefully, it'll be amazing!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds spooky! I might check it out. Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This book is new to me but the summary sounds amazing!
    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo, this does sound creepy! Enjoy!!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally my read (and I got a couple in the mail a few weeks ago, and if I wasn't already psyched for it, the author is living in Wales. ;)

    ReplyDelete