Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! is a weekly feature hosted by Book Journey to share what we're reading and what we plan to read next.

I had another busy week, plus it's actually been warm outside, so my son was going crazy to get out of the house and run around. I admit that I neglected the reading a bit. I have SO MANY books on my slate now, so I have to focus and read like the wind if I want to be able to get to them all. Last week and this week, some very highly anticipated books are making their way into the world, so I've got my hands full!


Last week I read:


Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
(I was a bit disappointed with this one. You can see my review HERE)

Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
(I'm actually almost finished with this. I have a lot of thoughts to gather about it. It's weird and sad but good.)


Currently reading:


Dream a Little Dream (Silber #1) by Kerstin Gier



What I plan to read next:

 

The Heir (Selection #4) by Kiera Cass
YAY!!! I'm so excited to read this!!

Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
(if I can fit it in)


The winner of my reader's choice poll:


Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer

I will be reading Cinder after I finish The Heir.

Tied for second place:


Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin


In third place:


The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken


Thank you to everyone who voted and helped me decide what older series I needed to read! I will be reading them in this order, trying to fit them in each week, if possible!


What are you reading this week?

---------------
<3 Michelle

12 comments:

  1. OOOh nice! I still need Kerstin's first series but I want to read this one too! Hope you enjoy your reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start The Selection series. I have heard so many good things about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing Challenger around A LOT. I really have no idea what it's about and I'm honestly a bit afraid to read it.

    Dream a Little Dream is next on my queue, how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really know what Challenger Deep was about until halfway through it! It's about a boy falling into the depths of mental illness.

      I'm enjoying Dream a Little Dream so far. It's quite a change from Challenger Deep!

      Delete
  4. I'm the same way right now - too many books to read at once!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins and it's quite good so far! I'm still not to sure what I'll be reading next, but Challenger Deep seems great and it is on my tbr so I might just go with that one.

    Hope you enjoy your next read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read disappointed reviews for Stitching Snow. I'm certainly backing out on that one.. Yay that Cinder won! Hope you enjoy it! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy The Heir. I only just read The Selection last week (in a day) so can't wait to read the rest.

    Lauren @ myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh! I haven't read Cinder either...I thought I was the only person left. I am definitely interested in that book...heard so many good things! I also want to read Magonia as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Cinder is good and the further you get into the series, the better! Cress was my favorite. I honestly cannot wait until Winter comes out! (I've already pre-ordered it!)

    And yay! To you tackling Mara Dyer in the near future! It's so good! (I should probably read the third and final book, but I'm scared because then it will be over.)

    Speaking of series I don't want to be over. I'm finishing up Allegiant and I'M SO SAD but I knew what was going to happen and I kept pushing this read away because the ending would be to final for me. But I am doing it. I have about 40 pages left.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Cinder! hope you enjoyed it.
    Adriana @ Reading Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited you are reading Cinder!!! I just know you're going to love it! Mara is good too (the first one anyway), but not near as good as Lunar Chronicles! Your peeps have picked good for you :)

    ReplyDelete