Thursday, May 21, 2015

#DustOffYourBookshelf (#6)



Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! and Mandy @ The Reading Diaries have teamed up to encourage themselves and others to use Instagram more. 

 So they came up with #Dustoffyourbookshelf where you display a book that you have had on your shelf for a long time and probably forgotten about. If you have time to grab it off the shelf and read it that is great, but you don’t have to read what you display. You can be creative in your displaying or you can just take a picture of it on your shelf. They are mainly doing this to get into Instagram but thought it would be fun to do a post on Thursdays since there's normally not a lot to post for Thursdays. It’s not technically a meme yet unless they get some followers, so join in the fun! 

 You can follow them on Instagram @bmreviewsohmy & @ReadingDiaries
You can follow ME on Instagram @meeshelly23

I'm actually on Instagram quite a bit, so I figured this sounded like fun.

Here's what I found this week:

Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis

Amara is never alone. Not when she's protecting the cursed princess she unwillingly serves. Not when they're fleeing across dunes and islands and seas to stay alive. Not when she's punished, ordered around, or neglected.

She can't be alone, because a boy from another world experiences all that alongside her, looking through her eyes.

Nolan longs for a life uninterrupted. Every time he blinks, he's yanked from his Arizona town into Amara's mind, a world away, which makes even simple things like hobbies and homework impossible. He's spent years as a powerless observer of Amara's life. Amara has no idea . . . until he learns to control her, and they communicate for the first time. Amara is terrified. Then, she's furious.

All Amara and Nolan want is to be free of each other. But Nolan's breakthrough has dangerous consequences. Now, they'll have to work together to survive--and discover the truth about their connection.


Ok, I totally forgot that I bough this! It sounds really cool, I can see why I did. But, again, it got burried in the depths of my shelves. It's only been out for a year, so it's not that bad, but I do remember how much I wanted to read it. Well, at least now it's all clean and shiny and it has better real estate on my shelves. Maybe I'll be more likely to pick it up now!


Have you read this?

Feel free to join in. Share on your blog, facebook, Instagram or twitter or any social media platform you prefer. Use #DustOffYourBookshelf . 

Dust off your shelf!

----------------
<3 Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of this bookXD The cover is not so great. . .

    ReplyDelete