Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Mindwalker by A.J. Steiger


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight upcoming books.

This week, I can't wait to read....


Mindwalker (Mindwalker #1) by A.J. Steiger


Release date: June 9th, 2015
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Goodreads link: (click here)

Description from Goodreads:

At seventeen, Lain Fisher has already aced the Institute's elite training program for Mindwalkers, therapists who use a direct neural link to erase a patient's traumatic memories. A prodigy and the daughter of a renowned scientist-whose unexplained death left her alone in the world-Lain is driven by the need to save others.

When Steven, a troubled classmate, asks her to wipe a horrific childhood experience from his mind, Lain's superiors warn her to stay away. Steven's scars are too deep, they say; the risk too great. Yet the more time Lain spends with him, the more she begins to question everything about her society. As she defies the warnings and explores Steven's memories, it becomes clear that he's connected to something much bigger…something the Institute doesn't want the world to discover.

Lain never expected to be a rule breaker. She certainly didn't plan on falling in love with a boy she's been forbidden to help. But then, she never expected to stumble into a conspiracy that could ignite a revolution.

Why I'm excited:

First of all, this sounds awesome! Second, I stopped as soon as I read the name Lain. Lain is also one of my favorite anime series, which was equally as dark and complex as this book sounds. 



I love books that feature utopian societies that aren't quite so perfect. I'm intrigued by the idea of having bad memories erased by "Mindwalkers" in an attempt to erase pain and only have happy memories...I have a feeling it goes beyond just that. Not only do all of our memories and experiences make us who we are, but who knows what could be erased if the system is corrupt. Bring on this conspiracy that will start a revolution! I'm definitely looking forward to this book!


What are you waiting to read?

----------------
<3 Michelle

30 comments:

  1. You know, I do not think I'd want my memories ever wiped even if I was hurting. Interesting plot. I can see why this book made your Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, this one does sound awesome. I'm adding it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! I love the premise of this one! Sounds like a great sci-fi thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this one looks good! I haven't seen it before.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds very good. I'm intrigued. Going to have an eye out for the book, and I'm also going to check out the anime. Thanks for sharing! =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw the beautiful cover in my feed and couldn't resist stopping by. this reminds me a lot of The program and I love these kinds of novels! Thanks for bringing it my attention, I'll be adding this to my Goodreads TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice! That's a totally new to me read! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover and blurb. Seems interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the cover, but after reading the blurb, I want to read it. Great pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds so good. Adding to TBR! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa, Michelle. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one yet, but it sounds really good! Thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, this one sounds amazing. Never heard of it before but it went on my list immediately! I love the idea of what could potentially happen between these two characters. Great pick!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mindwalker looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool cover! I can't wait to see your thoughts on it and I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds really cool! I love paranormal conspiracy books! I'm writing one myself! I'm really dying to get my hands on The Heir by Kiera Cass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen this one around and I am sort of curious, but just not sure..lol.

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got this one for review a few weeks ago and I'm really looking forward to reading it. The plot sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh! This sounds so good! And the cover is GORGEOUS!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm...not sure about this one. But I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick! This one sounds right up my alley. I'll have to buy a copy when it is out!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never heard of this book before but it does sound like something that I would definitely like!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's another revolution! What's the secret, I wonder.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been seeing this around quite often. It sounds very interesting. I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for this one. Awesome pick, Michelle!

    and I really need to watch Lain soon :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep project

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm waiting on this one as well! How awesome if someone could go in and erase all my bad memories! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a book I would definitely read, it sounds intriguing!:) Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds so damn good! I can't believe I haven't seen this around more. Definitely adding it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooooooo! Haven't heard of this one! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmm. Kinda intrigued by this... surprised I hadn't seen it until now! Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting, although I wouldn't like having bad memories erased, no matter how bad they are, they let us grow, right? So should be fun to read (and definitely raise questions.) the cover reminds me of the Twinmaker one (I think that's what it's called.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh, this sounds really good! I hadn't heard of it before, but I looove the sound of it. Mindwalking certainly does sound like something that could be abused in the wrong hands. Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete