Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait to read...


The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion by Chris McCoy


Release date: April 14th, 2015
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Goodreads link: (click here)

Description from Goodreads:

It's Superbad meets Spaceballs in this hilarious extraterrestrial road trip!

Just a few days before prom, Bennett pulls off something he never imagined possible: his dream girl, Sophie, agrees to be his date. Moments afterward, however, he watches Sophie get abducted by aliens in the middle of the New Mexico desert.

Faced with a dateless prom (and likely kidnapping charges), Bennett does the only thing he can think of: he catches a ride into outer space with a band of extraterrestrial musicians to bring her back.

Can he navigate alien concert venues, an extraterrestrial reality show, and the band's outlandish egos to rescue his date in time for the big dance? Fans of King Dork and Winger won't want to miss this!

Why I'm excited:

Did someone say Spaceballs?


That's one of my favorite movies! I'm a big fan of wacky space adventures. The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion sounds kind of like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is one of my favorite series. I'm curious about how Superbad fits into the picture, too. I'm definitely onboard for this cosmic joyride!


What are you waiting to read?
---------------
<3 Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick. You are like the second person that I've seen with this book this week. It does sound like it's going to be a lot of fun.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    Here's My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds wacky, I approve!
    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is going to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one! But I'm always up for aliens and outerspace!!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover kind of reminds me of These Broken Stars for some reason, heard it's hilarious though, and it does sound fun, *fingers crossed* it's actually good. :)

    ReplyDelete