Wow. This weeks blog-wide topic is "Top Ten Blogging Confessions". This one might be hard. I'll do my best...
2. Notice that you don't see a rating system. You know why? Well, it's because I HATE rating systems. If I like a book, I'll tell you I liked it. I don't think I need to put a number of stars on it to give it a value. I will rate them on Goodreads, but I don't particularly like doing that. I understand that people want to know if there was a book I didn't like and why, but I'll save that for Goodreads, and I'll always be respectful because every book has value to someone. Just because I don't like it, that doesn't mean it won't be someone else's favorite book. Only positive things here on Michelle's Minions. If you want to see everything I've read or reviewed (because not everything can make it on here), here is my Goodreads profile, feel free to add me.
3. I will try my best to post as often as possible and to take part in all the weekly features, but my life may keep me from posting sometimes. I have a three year old son who doesn't quite get that mommy has things she wants to do or books she wants to read. I think I do pretty well, considering.
4. I took a break from blogging for about two years and just started up again. The main reason was my son. When he was in my belly, I suffered from extreme nausea and couldn't read without getting sick (it was HORRIBLE!). He was born premature and we had to spend time going into the NICU to see him and take care of him. When he came home, we had our hands full caring for a preemie. I was also working for that Big book chain that went out of business right before my hiatus from blogging. When we had to close for good, it was heartbreaking and I needed to take a break by that point. So much had happened in such a short time.
5. When I made my blogging comeback, I was nervous because so much time had passed. I have shaken the nerves.
6. I spend WAY too much time making sure my posts are just right and I nitpick until I'm satisfied. I always find mistakes or things I want to fix. I need to learn to just let it go sometimes.
7. I do it because I love books. A lot. Books are awesome. It still amazes me that these little rectangles filled with letters can hold entire worlds within them. I want to share my love of of books and reading and hopefully pass it on to as many people as possible.
8. I'm afraid to join in on the Stacking the Shelves weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews because then people will see how many books I buy or acquire each week. It's a lot and I am aware that I have a book hoarding problem. Perhaps I'll share more often, I mean...the books are pretty and they're MINE!!! HAHA!!!
9. I have a few blog posts stored up as drafts to put up when I don't have much time. Mostly Waiting on Wednesday posts.
10. I like when people leave a link to their blog in my comments. I always try check it out and follow the blog. I like to help out other bloggers whenever I can, too. I'll retweet contests and share posts I like. It's interesting to see other people's opinions and hard work and it's nice to share the book love.
There! I did it. Ten blogging confessions. I pretty much just poured out my book nerd heart to you. Not as hard as I thought it would be...and kind of cathartic ;)