Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten TV Shows Paired With A Book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

So this week for Top Ten Tuesday we're being asked to talk about our favorite TV shows or movies. I'm going to focus on TV, then afterwards, I'll pick a book to go with each show. I have to include books somehow, right?

My all time favorite TV shows:


Charmed was my favorite show. Witches, sisters, magic, demons and romance. I really miss it. Piper was my favorite and I wish Cole didn't become super evil and die.


Smallville, yeah...I miss having Tom Welling on my TV every week. 


Angel. I wish Angel and Cordelia should have been together forever :(


Buffy the Vampire Slayer...some of the best TV I've ever seen. The episode HUSH still haunts me.


Firefly. Only 14 episodes, but it made a HUGE impact. Joss Whedon did something right with this show, the network screwed up by letting it go.


Teen Wolf. This is definitely my favorite show currently on tv. It's the next generation's Buffy.


The X-Files. There was a point in my life when I was completely obsessed with this show. I was not to be disturbed while it was on. 


Big Brother. Don't judge...I'm a Big Brother "superfan"/junkie. 


The Big Bang Theory. This is the only show currently on tv that makes me laugh. 


Veronica Mars. Yes, I'm a Marshmallow. Logan forever. Thank goodness there are still books coming out, too...

                                    


Now, for some more books to go along with these TV shows...

If you like Charmed (witches), try The House of Ivy and Sorrow by Natalie Whipple 


If you like Smallville (dark superheroes), try The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney


If you like Buffy and Angel (quirky main character fighting evil), try Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins


If you like Firefly (space opera), try Avalon by Mindee Arnett


If you like Teen Wolf (wolves), try the Hemlock series by Kathleen Peacock


If you like The X-Files (dramatic mystery/horror), try The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson


If you like Big Brother (reality show), try Reality Boy by A.S. King


If you like The Big Bang Theory (geeky love), try Guy in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff


If you like Veronica Mars (girl detective), try Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey



-------------------
<3 Michelle



10 comments:

  1. I was never on the Angel+Cordy train because in my mind, Buffy was always his end game (and there's something inherently wrong with Buffy+Spike). But, they were both awesome shows. Although, I'm still pissed about how Angel ended...

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought Buffy+Spike were meant for each other. At least Angel continued in graphic novels. I have some of them, I shot really sit down and read them. I was pretty pissed about the ending of the show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffy and Big Bang Theory were on mine. I do love Teen Wolf, don't know if it is in my top 10 at the moment though. Great list, love your book pairing too!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!!! Buffy & Spike / Angel & Cordelia - I saw Spike at Philly Comic Con this year and swooned... he's still hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love Buffy. I never got into Charmed and I'm not sure why as it looks like something that I'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Buffy, Angel, and X-Files! I've never seen Charmed or Smallville, but I've been wanting to watch Smallville for awhile. I just can't seem to get my hands on the series!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never pick just 10 shows! lol Spuffy forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard! I feel bad for leaving out some good ones (poor Grimm...if only it was the top 11).

      Delete
  8. OH YESSS!! I loved Charmed so hard. And go teen wolf! So much love for that show. I haven't read Hemlock yet, but I'm willing to now ;)

    ReplyDelete